Monday, November 7, 2011

I am not gone (Mother's requim)


I lived a quiet dignified life
Though you would have seen me fighting every inch of the way
The way i took to make progress in life
The way i chose to survive
Sometimes the only way that was open to me
In order to live holding my head high

Appearances, I learnt with bitter humour
Change with the passage of time
But i did all i could to make it look
Like it were always good times for us

I am a rock
Standing fearlessly in the face of storm winds, lashing rains
Fear, grief and spite
I haven’t shirked my duty
And the bidding of my will
Where i have dithered,
 was never for myself, but for you
You, whom i have loved more than love
You whom i have bequeathed my all
You who is a part of me
It is to you and you alone that i say

I am here
Though i may be long gone
But i am here
With you, beside you
As i have always been
As you have always been
May no grief touch you
May no sorrow find
May you shine forth like a glorious sun
Leaving all your troubles behind

I am here
To see your dreams get fulfilled
To applaud your victory
To cherish your achievement
And when you should look to search for my lap
You will find it right below your head
And when you look to search for guidance
My light will shine forthwith
And when you will look to share your prize
Your fulfilment shall be my reward
And when you seek eternal rest
You shall come be a part of me
Peacefully and happily
Ever after.

No comments: